Once the complete construction job is accomplished, the most important step is to do a thorough inspection of the job site to ensure everything is clean, organized, and safe. In this final step, all loose ends are to be tied up, all the damages need to be addressed and the entire property is up to date. Utilizing a custom post-construction cleaning checklist is one way to ensure all of these are done in the right way.
What is A Post Construction Cleaning Checklist?
The best way to achieve the best cleaning post-construction is to follow a proper cleaning checklist that breaks down the different areas of a worksite into specific categories for cleaning. It helps workers walk through each space if this checklist is followed.
What To Include in Your Checklist?
Each area of the newly constructed property needs to be covered and following the checklist would be a great start to it as it would serve as a guide to help workers inspect all aspects of the build starting right from the floors, windows, and ceilings to external features and the removal of trash and debris.
Areas to Focus:
Entrances and Exits
Inspection of all the doors that lead into the building should be done and cleaned. Check out the following list to be followed while cleaning the entrances and exits.
- Dusting the exterior lights
- Ensuring that all lights are working
- Wiping down the windows
- Clean doors, door frames, and doorknobs
- Entranceway sweeps
Living or Common Areas
The living rooms and common areas are the places that need to be spic and span. They should be clear, clean, well-lit, and free of debris after construction.
- Floors need to be cleaned through sweeping and vacuuming or mopping
- Lights must be dust free and working
- Doorknobs and light switches must be clean
- Windows, window sills, and window tracks are dusted and cleaned
- No evidence of paint drops must be seen on the floors or scuff marks on the walls
- Trash should be removed
- Doors and doorframes must be cleaned
Kitchens can be a complicated space as they are generally filled with crevices and spaces that often get overlooked.
- Dusting all the shelves and counters
- Clean inside appliances
- Clean inside cabinets and drawers
- Make sure all cabinet hardware is clean and secure
- Sweep and vacuum/mop floors
- Clean windows, window sills and window tracks
- Remove trash
- Clean sink and backsplash
- Wipe down all fixtures and finishes
Although they’re usually one of the smallest rooms in a home, bathrooms must be clean and in working order by the end of a construction project.
- The sink, tub, shower are clean and sanitized
- Toilet is sanitized
- Mirrors, cabinets, and counters are wiped down
- Floors are swept and vacuumed mopped
- Inside cabinets and drawers are cleaned
Removing trash, dusting light fixtures, and ensuring the floor, walls, and windows are clean is vital in a clean and complete bedroom area. Some other things to look out for when inspecting a bedroom area include:
- Cleaning inside closets
- Dusting light fixtures and ceiling fans
- Wiping down baseboards
- Dusting built-in shelving units
- Dusting grates and vents
- Removing paint from hinges
- Outdoor Spaces or Landscaping
The final step of your post-construction cleaning checklist should include a careful analysis of the exterior of the property. This means checking to make sure all packaging, tape, plastic, and other signs of construction are taken away from the property and disposed of properly.
- Removing all the trash from the premises
- Sweeping or power washing the walkways
- Sweeping all porches, decks, and patios
- Clean garage door and mailbox
Well, isn\’t it easy if the tasks to be achieved are check listed?
You can contact professionals like H&C Professional Cleaning Services in Sydney for perfect and efficient cleaning.